- 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-18 On 11-18 July, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is visiting Buenos Aires (Argentina), Montevideo (Uruguay) and Sao Paulo (Brazil).
- 2018-07-16 On 16 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July, the Minister Linas Linkevičius is taking part in a meeting of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from the EU and from the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) in Brussels.
- 2018-07-17 On 17 July at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius is meeting with the Member of the European Parliament Rebecca Harms in Vilnius.
- 2018-07-19 On 19 July at 4:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in an event dedicated to commemorate the anniversary of the Sumner Welles Declaration in Washington Square in Vilnius.
Linas Linkevičius congratulates the State of Qatar on its National Day
On 18 December Lithuanian Minister of Foreign Affairs Linas Linkevičius extended congratulations to Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani, Foreign Minister of the State of Qatar, on Qatar’s National Day.
In his letter Linas Linkevičius expressed his will to foster mutually beneficial cooperation between Lithuania and Qatar.
Qatar celebrates its National Day to commemorate succession to the throne of Sheikh Jassim bin Mohammed bin Thani on 18 December 1878. Prior to 2007, Qatar’s National Day was on 3rd September to mark Qatar’s independence of 1971.
Diplomatic ties between Lithuania and Qatar were established on 25 November 1992.